Employment - Recording Engineer
About the company: Arts Laureate is a media production team focusing on live and session recordings for clients ranging from top-tier professional ensembles to community bands, orchestras, and choirs, as well as opera companies, independent artists, schools, and students. Services include audio recording, video production, photography, streaming, and social media. Arts Laureate is based in the mid-Atlantic region and produces recordings throughout the U.S. Clients have included the Kansas City Symphony, Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Virginia Symphony Orchestra, Shepherd School Opera, Choral Arts Society of Washington, Virginia Chorale, the Kennedy Center, and others.
About the position: Arts Laureate recording engineers provide clients with a wide array of services, offering an holistic approach to recording: multitrack audio recordings, multicamera video recordings, live sound, photography, etc. Projects are most often done on-location with the artist, and working nights and weekends is an essential part of the job. Travel is also common, with projects ranging from Kansas City to Chicago to NYC to Philly, Texas, North Carolina, etc. Your clients will be seasoned professionals as well as musicians recording for the first time. Arts Laureate engineers are provided with Arts Laureate equipment, including microphones, cables, stands, recorders, racks, software, plug-ins, cameras, lenses, etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- demonstrate exceptional skills at multitrack audio recording and mixing for classical music
- be able to communicate clearly and effectively both in person and online
- have the ability to manage time and work effectively
- be able to work well on a team of professionals, including leading, following, and/or supporting as required by each project
- be able to respond to direction, criticism, and requirements- be looking to increase the quality of their work and the artist's experience
- have experience with source-destination audio editing
- have experience with Network audio, especially RAVENNA / Merging Technologies
- have experience with DSLR videography and photography
- have experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, especially Premiere, Media Encoder, Lightroom, and multicamera video editing
- have experience with video codecs and DVD creation
- have experience with color correction and developing photos in Lightroom
The ideal candidate will be organized, communicative, and have have a passion for acoustic music and the art of recording. We are looking for someone who is excited by what Arts Laureate does and is interested in growing their position, responsibilities, and salary, and building a life recording classical music and supporting great artists.
Starting wage: $15/hr, full-time ($30K year) or part-time. Annual raises.
Deadline: Applications reviewed as received
Location: on-location (for recordings), and in-office at the Peale Center in Baltimore (for post-production)
Benefits: flex hours, holidays. Future: health insurance.
Here's the deal: if you know how to record, are organized and diligent, and are willing to learn new skills, we'd like to hear from you.